USINDO SUMMER STUDIES
An intensive 10-week language & culture studies fellowship held in Yogyakarta, Indonesia for U.S. university students and recent graduates.
- Application form: Please submit a completed and signed application form, available HERE.
- Personal statement: Please submit a 500-800 word personal statement describing your academic interests, career goals, interest in Indonesia & how your participation in this program will enhance those interests and goals, how your career might further the mission of the Society to promote more awareness of Indonesia in the United States, and why you chose to apply for the 2019 USINDO Summer Studies Program.
*In addition to the personal statement, you may also submit a short introductory video of yourself. This video should be no more than one minute long and should serve the purpose of helping us get to know you and your motivation better beyond your personal statement. Please note that this video is optional.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume: Please submit a curriculum vitae or resume (not to exceed 10 pages).
- Academic transcript(s): Please submit the latest academic transcript from the educational institution where you are currently enrolled or recently graduated from.
- Letter of recommendation: One (1) recommendation letter is required. The letter of recommendation may include the recommender's assessment of your character, potentials, and accomplishments, with examples if possible; the recommender's understanding of your academic/professional interests; and why the recommender would recommend you to be chosen as a 2019 USINDO Summer Studies participant. Recommenders must submit the letter of recommendation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Tax Return Transcript (for scholarship applicants only): The electronic copy of the transcript should be from the most recent year filed, and can be either the student’s or their parents’ (if the student is still a dependent).
Applicants are responsible for ensuring their applications are submitted on time. Only complete applications will be considered.
The program fee covers the following expenses of the program including return international and domestic air ticket, tuition, cultural program, field trip, special lecture, accommodation, two meals per day, visa, and travel insurance. Each student pays a fee of $2,000 toward these program costs, and the USINDO Summer Studies Program provides the substantial remainder of these program costs. All other incidentals are the responsibility of the student.
We are accepting applications all year long. Applications and required documents must be received by USINDO no later than February 8, 2019 to be considered for the Summer 2019 program.
Applicants will be notified of the decisions on February 15, 2019.