The Government of Indonesia (Minister of Finance, Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs, and Governor of Bank Indonesia) in cooperation with the U.S. – Indonesia Society (USINDO) and the U.S. – ASEAN Business Council (USABC) hosted the Voyage to Indonesia 2018 Washington D.C. Gala Dinner on Wednesday, October 11 at the Fairmont Hotel.
‘The Voyage to Indonesia (VTI) 2018’ is a series of events commencing in October 2018 and advancing the IMF-World Bank Annual Meetings 2018 in Bali October 2018. VTI highlights the many facets of Indonesia’s culture, promote the beauty and tourism options the country offers, communicates Indonesia’s current and prospective economic and social achievements, and attracts enhanced beneficial international participation in Indonesia’s economic development.
At the Gala Dinner, three distinguished Indonesian ministers – Coordinating Minister Luhut Pandjaitan, Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati, and Central Bank Governor Agus Martowardojo – shared their insights on Indonesia’s latest economic policies affecting its growth, upgraded investment rating, and new opportunities for its development and investment potential. These include investment opportunities in such key sectors as infrastructure, IT, banking, energy, creative industries, tourism, real estate, and others. Congressman Vern Buchanan, co-chair of the Congressional Indonesia Caucus, also spoke on the bilateral relationship and the opportunities for increasing awareness of Indonesia in the US Congress through expanding the Congressional Indonesia Caucus.
To access the videos of the event, please click the following links:
- USINDO President Merrill: Opening remarks: https://youtu.be/xEb7mDNALc8
- Remarks by Co-Chair of Congressional Indonesia Caucus Congressman Vern Buchanan: https://youtu.be/4VysAyZH3U4
- Introduction of Coordinating Minister Luhut Pandjaitan by USINDO US Co-Chair Ambassador Blake: https://youtu.be/adnDd8vT32c
- Remarks by Coordinating Minister Luhut Pandjaitan: https://youtu.be/-bugBsX2190
- Introduction of Finance Minister Sri Mulyani by Richard Adkerson: https://youtu.be/3KpPJ9LaLo4
- Remarks by Minister of Finance Sri Mulyani Indrawati: https://youtu.be/-zn7w51vteA
- Introduction of Central Bank Governor Agus Martowardojo by Senator J. Bennett Johnston, Jr.: https://youtu.be/vjsDMaqaU9Q
- Remarks by Central Bank Governor Agus Martowardojo: https://youtu.be/qPIUTnE9jlo
- Cultural Performances: https://youtu.be/RLjPVNjJkpc