Program Intern – Jakarta Office
The U.S.– Indonesia Society (USINDO) is seeking a qualified intern to contribute to its mission and goals. The mission of the United States-Indonesia Society is to expand mutual understanding in the areas of politics, economics, history, culture, and to strengthen the bilateral relationship.
Organization: The U.S. – Indonesia Society (USINDO), Jakarta Office
Position Title: Program Intern for Jakarta Office – PART TIME/FULL TIME
(Duration min 3 months, starting early May 2016)
- Research for program development and strategic planning
- Assist Country Representative in developing and conducting program/projects
- Write event notice and report.
- Develop a solid USINDO database
- General office support and other administrative tasks
- Opportunity to meet and interact with officials and experts working in the U.S.- Indonesia relations field
- Experience in non-profit management and operations
- Opportunities to contribute to and develop and initiate ideas for programs
- Letters of recommendation provided upon successful completion of the internship
- This is an unpaid internship. However, small allowance will be provided
- Fresh graduate or currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program focusing on International Relations, Political Science, Social Sciences, Communication or Economy.
- Interest in Indonesia and U.S.-Indonesia relations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly with MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong research skills
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Strong initiative, hard-working, willingness to perform a variety of duties
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
To apply send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and TOEFL result (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by April 22, 2016. No phone calls please. Applicants that qualify for an interview will be contacted via email or phone.