Five Key Facts About Indonesia
- World’s fourth most populous nation — over 250 million inhabitants
- Has over 200 million Muslims, more than any country
- A flourishing democracy, the world’s third largest, and rated as the freest in Southeast Asia by Freedom House
- A vibrant economy with over 5% average growth for the last four years and projected to pick up gradually and reach 5.5% in 2016. It is the largest economy in Southeast Asia, the only Southeast Asian country in the G-20, and is predicted to be the 7th world’s largest economy by 2030.
- This proves that a huge Muslim-majority country can also have sustained economic growth and a flourishing democracy, and challenges mind-sets about the Muslim world.